GEOFFREY H. HOPPER
In addition to his selection as one of the best attorneys in the United States, Geoffrey H. Hopper, Esq. was awarded the Highest Independent Rating an American attorney can receive. In 1981, Mr. Hopper joined one of the largest and oldest law firms in the Inland Empire. As one of its youngest partners, he created the firm’s Employment and Labor Law Department. Besides acting as general counsel for a multitude of clients, he also represented numerous building ‘contractors, a focus that arose rather naturally from pre-legal employment with his father’s construction company which continues today as Vulcan Steel Company.
When Mr. Hopper retired from the large law firm at the age of 44, he was the youngest partner to retire from the practice in its nearly 100-year history. He and others left the firm and formed Hopper & Associates which represents employers and supervisors in all facets of Employment and Labor Law and acts as general/business counsel for more than half of its clients even as it continues to handle Construction Law matters. The Firm’s Employment Law clients range in size from one employee to more than several hundred employees. In addition to handling litigation, Mr. Hopper has represented his clients in just about every imaginable Federal and State administrative agency including the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission, the Department of Fair Employment and Housing, the United States Labor Board, the National Labor Relations Board, the Employment Development Department, OSHA, and et cetera.
In addition to representing clients in literally hundreds of arbitrations and mediations, Mr. Hopper has served as a Judge Pro Tem, Arbitrator, and Mediator. He also has conducted hundreds of Employment Law seminars for attorneys, law schools, universities, colleges, businesses, service organizations, and clients. These seminars cover many topics that include “Sexual Harassment,” “Interviewing and Screening Employees,” “Hiring and Terminating Employees,” “Updates on Employment Law,” “How to Avoid Losing your Home Because of Employment Litigation,” and many more. Mr. Hopper has litigated numerous jury and non-jury trials in both State and Federal Courts.
PROFESSIONAL ORGANIZATIONS / ASSOCIATIONS AND ACTIVITIES:
- Author – of the book entitled Handling Employment B.S. (a.k.a. Handling Employment for Bosses and Supervisors) available at Barnes & Noble, and Amazon.com.
- Past Advisor – Hemet/Temecula Employers Advisory Council
- Advisor – San Bernardino Mountain Historical Society
- Advisor – Boys and Girls Club
- Advisor – A.Y.S.O. Soccer
- Member – California State Bar (Delegate to State Bar Convention for several years) Member – American Bar Association
- Member – Riverside County Bar Association (President – 1994-1995, President Elect -1993 1994, Vice-President – 1991-1992, Treasurer – 1990-1991)
- Member – Riverside County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Services (specializing in the area of handling employment arbitrations and mediations) (President – 1995-Present)
- Member – Riverside County Barristers (President – 1989-1990, Vice-President – 1988-1989, Secretary – 1987-1988, Treasurer – 1986-1987)
- Member – Association of Southern California Defense Counsel
- Arbitrator – Riverside County Bar Association Dispute Resolution Services from 1991 to present, previously served as arbitrator with the American Bar Association as well as private arbitrations and mediations
- Past Member – Leo Deegan Inns of Court (1993-1994)
- University and College Instructor – Previously has provided programs and training at California Baptist University, University of California of Riverside, California State University of San Bernardino, Chapman University, LaVerne College of Law, etc.
- Chambers of Commerce – Riverside, Lake Arrowhead, Rancho Cucamonga, Palm Springs and Corona.
- Recipient – Golden Apple Award for Rim of the World School District for outstanding contributions to education.
SOCIAL ORGANIZATIONS AND ASSOCIATIONS:
- Rotarian (1991 – Present) (President 2000-2001)
- AYSO Soccer Coach (1989 – 2008)
- C.H.O.I.C.E.S. Instructor Rim of the World School District